Saturday, May 26, 2012

Librarian!

I received wonderful news today, I was made a librarian on Goodreads! This basically means that I help maintain the accuracy of the books on there and swear not to make unnessecary changes. I feel privileged, I know there are a lot of them, but still, I feel it's an honor.

I mentioned only Goodreads yesterday, but I also put reviews on Amazon, Shelfari, and LibraryThing. All good book sites.

I am reading two great books right now, Dream Lover by Suzanne Jenkins (third in the Pam of Babylon series), which is a gritty series about a man who dies and leaves behind a trail of flawed, but loveable women, his family, and a few other surprises. Not for the faint of heart! Great One of my new favorite top Authors.

The other book is Comeback Love by Peter Golden. Not very far into it yet. I do know the story somewhat reminds me of my story with Bob.

Here are are a few more past books I have reviewed.


Pam of Babylon (Pam of Babylon, #1)Pam of Babylon by Suzanne Jenkins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I won the second book in the series from a giveaway, so the Author generously gave me the kindle edition of this book to read so I would be up to date. Thank you Suzanne Jenkins!! She is now one of my favorite authors, this book was so wonderful! It had me angry, sad, and then happy. Just what a good book does for you, it was a wonderful escape to another world. The lives of these women, so effected by this one man. The characters were so clear and detailed, the world around them was described so beautifully that I wanted to live at the beach with Pam myself. I am so excited to start the second book today! There are also parts of this book that were so surprising and gritty and touched me personally. This book had twists and turns that kept coming at you, keeping your attention and making it so hard to pit it down. It was unexpected, and great. I may have to re-read it to make sure I got it all! It's that good to me.
View all my reviews


In Her ShoesIn Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the book much more than the movie, the book was obviously much more detailed and explored both the characters of Maggie and Rose more. A must read.
View all my reviews


Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1)Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was the first book I have read of this Author, the writing is amazing-characters wonderful, great plot, descriptions of locations amazing as well. My problem is that it is not long enough and I feel ripped off! There is so much more that could have been done, but wasn't. I am on to the next book in the series!
View all my reviews


The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book and had a hard time putting it down, staying up late at night reading it. Great character detail, setting details, and story tie-in. I was on the edge of my seat with emotions throughout the book ranging from anger to sadness, to laughter! Just an amazing read.
View all my reviews


The Hunger Games Trilogy BoxsetThe Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While the trilogy was geared towards young adults (I didn't even know this until I had finished the series!), the general tone is ageless. We can all learn something, and feel something about the messages contained in the trilogy. I loved reading them, in fact each was completed in one to two days as I couldn't put them down. Amazing writing, characters are well developed and detailed. The descriptions are so realistic of the environment that I wanted to visit the Capitol myself, and sometimes felt I was sitting in the room watching everything happening.
View all my reviews


Saving CeeCee HoneycuttSaving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is amazing, I couldn't put it down! I could really relate to some parts with my own Mother and it kept drawing me in to the story throughout the book. I could read this book over and over again and never get bored.
View all my reviews


Lee Hammond's Big Book of DrawingLee Hammond's Big Book of Drawing by Lee Hammond

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Great study guide for images.
View all my reviews


ReVamped (Angel Creek, #1)ReVamped by Ada Adams

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fantastic read. The vampire world is clever and refreshing. Even though it is tagged as a young adult book, it's a book for adults as well. I Couldn't put it down, and I was drawn into the suspense. I was genuinely surprised at some characters story lines, usually I can predict what is going to happen. Not in this book! Really had me on the edge of my seat guessing, and I was all wrong, which was great. The story flows well, the characters and locations are very detailed, and I can't wait for #2!
View all my reviews



The Golf Quick Book

No comments:

Post a Comment